Creative Businesses are strange and unique beasts, at their best celebrated for their ability to almost defy logic, live between the lines and create value from the intangible. Yet, when legacy structures hold them back, and business models simply don’t deliver any longer, these strengths can become undone.
All Kinds of Magic has a simple mission; to change the destiny of Creative Businesses who want to reform, reinvent, re-engineer or expand.
We work with companies who’ve reached a crossroads. Some require renewed relevance, at risk if they don’t evolve or recover past performance. Others may need to grow quickly, find new purpose or prepare for sale. We help set strategies for the future, create sound commercial foundations and structures, refine ways of working and more.
Our role is to equip businesses with the magic, methods and mastery required for long-term value and reputation change. Depending on need and budget, we take on short term fixes or long term programmes of change.
WHAT WE DO
We work with Owners, Leaders and Management Teams in four ways
We work to restore former glories and reverse declining fortunes through comprehensive programmes of assessment and repair.
We redesign for a new lease of life, and show how to live it through the creation of ambitious business models. We reposition, develop new propositions, re-jig structures and spark participation.
We improve existing operations, and help change behaviours and practises through systematic review, re-tooling and re-casting.
We help navigate the course to greater gains and broader horizons through deep understanding of industry direction, strategic growth planning, pre-merger preparation, post-merger integration and convergence management.
WHO WE ARE
A Creative Industry Leader, Sally has 22 years of first-hand experience in the business. Her multidisciplinary career started in TV production at Ridley Scott Associates and has since crossed areas of Digital Design and Creative Technology, Brand Consulting and Strategy, Communications, and Digital Marketing.
A passionate advocate for the super-powers of Creativity and Technology and their value in the world, Sally has a proven track record in building client and agency impact, and in mentoring and accelerating talent. Most recently, she oversaw a major business transformation programme and post-merger integration in the Chief Operating Officer role at Rothco, now part of Accenture Interactive.
Newly independent, and via All Kinds of Magic, Sally’s strategic, creative, analytical and applied experience is now put into full effect to support Creative Business owners leading their firms through pivotal change, and to help them cultivate their companies for greatness.
Claire has 20 years experience leading creative businesses. She began her career in McConnell’s and Publicis Dublin. From there she joined the Board of Rothco, which saw the business grow from 40 to over 100 in six years. After leaving full time agency life in 2014, she went to New York to study film, furthering her appreciation of the nexus between creativity and commerciality.
Drawn back by the ambition to reunite creative and media, Claire joined the board of Spark Foundry, and soon moved to the parent company Core, Ireland’s largest marketing communications group. As Director of Agency Development she oversaw a 12 month transformation programme to unify nine independent agencies with 300 people working across strategy, data, media, research, creative, technology, sponsorship, recruitment and training.
At All Kinds of Magic Claire’s multidisciplinary experience brings an expert perspective on convergence and diversification. She is an ardent defender of the commercial value of creativity and loves to see creative businesses succeed and win.
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT
We are Creative Business, Culture, and Operations Consultants, and we’re not of the typical breed. We are…
Humans Working with Humans
Every Creative Business is a unique and delicate collective, and we take an individual, human and culturally sensitive approach to working with each one. Charting new behaviours is often the hardest leg of the journey and this is central to our approach.
We’ve worked at board level across multiple Creative disciplines and run Creative Businesses ourselves. It’s given us a broad perspective not just on agencies and the future of the Industry, but crucially on brands and creativity too.
Defenders of Commercial Value
We have a strategic and ardent stance on the commercial value of Creativity, how to develop it, price, defend and sell it. In spite of their proven value, Creative Businesses often lose out in the procurement stakes, and we work to solve that.
Implementers and Impactors
We work in the ‘how’, not in management theory or received wisdom. We don’t disappear after analysis and auditing is complete. We implement and make recommended changes real.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
We work with all Creative Businesses including brand consultancies, creative agencies, design groups, production companies, post-production houses, media businesses, and start-ups.
- "Claire's methodical approach to agency commerciality really helped us understand some of the issues we were facing with margin protection and growth. With her help we began a journey towards a more commercially focused culture in the agency without any compromise or sacrifice of our creative ambition."
- Patrick Meade - Managing Director - Boys & Girls, Dublin.
- "Claire brings a high level of commercial acumen and client knowledge to agency pricing. She has a long and solid track record in helping us deliver on the careful balance between client satisfaction and agency profitability. Besides being a pleasure to work with, Claire thrives on bringing clarity, process and (often underestimated) simplicity to everything she does. I would never recommend her to a competitor."
- Richard Carr - CEO - Rothco, part of Accenture Interactive
- "Claire is a superb practitioner – highly strategic and an exceptionally clear thinker. She is at home in the choppy waters of transformation and has an instinctive feel for what is required to reach the desired outcome. Claire is excellent at interpreting the essence of a business plan and translating it into a compelling narrative and creative identity that hits the mark every time. Her commitment to high standards sets Claire apart; she has a real passion for doing great work. The industry needs more people like her."
- Alan Cox - CEO - Core, Dublin.
- “A rare find. Someone who leads, drives and creates with world class standards and yet remains genuinely human with each step. That’s Sally Oldfield. Since 2017, Sally worked with me, and our executive leadership and senior management teams to take Rothco into its next era. In that time we moved our company to greater reputation, revenues, and relevance on the global stage, and I counted on her wise counsel, support, and instinct to guide us. Together, we put in place an ambitious business plan while also working through a merger into Accenture Interactive. Sally’s leadership and effectiveness have seen undeniable successes for everyone at Accenture Interactive Ireland. What makes it even more remarkable was the short space of time she achieved it in.”
- Patrick Hickey - Former CEO and Executive Chairman - Rothco, part of Accenture Interactive
We operate from London and Dublin, and work with businesses around the world.
Our approach is based on a track record of improving the fortunes of numerous clients, and combines passion for the Creative Industry with rigour and honesty. Most of all, it’s an approach for the ambitious. If that sounds like you, or what you think your business could use, you can reach us at email@example.com